1) How do you typically commute to work?
I drive from Marysville to Everett and catch the bus from the Everett Station to the Bellevue Transit Center.
2) How long have you been commuting this way?
Since I began working in Bellevue last March
3) What does your commute entail?
Hopping on the bus with my ipod and a cup of coffee in hand
4) Why did you start commuting this way?
Itís a habit I guess. When I was interning in downtown Seattle before working in Bellevue, I would ride the bus from Marysville to Seattle. This allowed me to save some cash on gas and having to park all day. Also, I worked another job before I went to my internship, so the long bus ride let me relax and recharge (and I didnít have my own car at the time). When I got my current job in Bellevue, I didnít even think about driving, my first thought was which bus do I need to take.
5) Why do you continue to commute this way?
Less wear and tear and mileage on the car and not having to fill the gas tank up so often. Itís more convenient and cost effective, and Iím not a big fan of driving during rush hour. I like being able to do other things like reading and listening to music while riding too.
6) What is your favorite thing about your commute?
A couple things: sailing through the carpool lane on 405. Being able to sleep or read, or listen to my ipod, other things besides having to sit and pay attention to traffic. (If I had to sit in traffic everyday, I would probably be pretty cranky by the time I got to work.)
7) Do you have an interesting story you would like to share about your commute? A funny experience maybe?
Nothing too specific, but occasionally I wake up with my mouth wide open, leaning a little too close to my neighbor and hoping I wasnít snoring. Haha.